Benazir Income Support Program (BISP) has been an important initiative to support the economically vulnerable people in Pakistan. In recent updates during Nawaz Sharif government, there have been significant developments regarding the distribution of 25000 Benazir Kafalat installment. In this article, we will discuss the latest announcements, eligibility criteria and important dates that beneficiaries need to be aware of.
Installment Details 25000 Nawaz Sharif Scheme
The Pakistan government under the leadership of Nawaz Sharif is preparing to give two installments this year. These installments are expected to be disbursed in April 2024. Importantly, recipients will not have to face ineligibility before receiving these two installments.
Extended time limit for re-registration
To ensure that eligible individuals continue to receive benefits, the government has extended the re-registration deadline. Initially set for December 31, 2023, the new deadline is now June 30, 2024.
|time frame (previous)
|31 December 2023
|30 June 2024
This extension provides additional time for recipients to complete the required steps without facing disqualification.
eligibility criteria of Benazir Kafalat
It is important to note that only eligible persons will receive the installments. The government is committed to ensuring that those who meet the criteria are not disqualified. Detailed eligibility information can be obtained through the Benazir Income Assistance Program office.
- The beneficiaries of “Benazir Kafalat Programme” are identified and selected through Scientific Proxy Means Test (PMT) conducted through National Socio-Economic Registry (NSER) survey.
- The welfare status of a family is determined through PMT on a scale between 0-100, and eligibility is based on the PMT cut-off score determined by the BISP Board considering the available financial space.
- Families falling within the approved PMT cut-off score are eligible to receive cash assistance under the Benazir Kafalat Programme.
- The current PMT cut-off score of 32 was approved by the BISP Board in its 52nd meeting held on 23 September 2021.
- For families with persons with disabilities, the PMT cut-off score for eligibility is set at 37.
25000 Benazir Kafalat Installment Prevention Measures
The government has stressed that persons who have previously received funds through Benazir Kafalat should undergo the survey by the specified deadline. Failure to participate in the survey may result in disqualification. All eligible women must register their children under 18 years of age with the Ehsaas NADRA and Benazir Income Support Program office.
Important instructions for re-survey
For individuals who completed the survey in January 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023, re-survey is mandatory after February 2023. The purpose of this measure is to update the information and ensure accurate distribution of funds. Once the survey is completed, individuals will be eligible for upcoming installments.
Individuals with zero income who completed the survey by January 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023 have been exempted from further surveys. This is excellent news for individuals, assuring them of a seamless process to receive the April 2024 installment.
In conclusion, the extension of Benazir Kafalat installment date is a positive step by the government to provide financial assistance to the needy people. Recipients must adhere to re-registration deadlines and survey requirements to ensure their eligibility for upcoming installments. Stay informed, follow the guidelines and secure your fair benefits under this important program.