The Benazir Income Support Program (BISP) has announced an unprecedented update starting in January 2024. This important development aims to streamline payments for the more than 1.7 million eligible women in the Benazir Kafalat program in January. This initiative comes as a response to the challenges many applicants face in accessing their entitled support due to varying PMT scores and account-related issues.
BISP new payment started from January
In the existing data compiled by the government, about 1.7 million women fall under the eligible criteria for the Benazir Income Support Programme, having a PMT score less than 32. However, challenges remain for many in this category:
- A large number of women remain subject to pending procedures, delaying their access to program benefits.
- There are instances where women, despite failing to meet the eligibility criteria, have not received clear clarification regarding their ineligibility, leading to confusion and uncertainty.
- The limitations of the program are evident as only 9.3 lakh women currently receive assistance, leaving a substantial gap in support for the remaining eligible individuals.
- Additionally, 1.7 lakh women face account blockages or problems, preventing them from accessing appropriate support.
Dynamic Survey and Registration for Benazir Kafalat
- Starting from December 1, 2023, BISP launched a dynamic survey and registration campaign, encouraging the large population to enroll and update their details.
- Families coming under special scrutiny, especially families with PMT scores less than 32, are being carefully reviewed to ensure their inclusion in the program.
Resolution for blocked accounts and score improvements
- Individuals who experience account blocking or non-payment are assured of a solution.
- The recommendations urge affected persons to obtain their children’s forms from NADRA, submit them to the BISP office for correction and updating of records, which may lead to reduction in their PMT scores for eligibility.
Eligibility and Payment Start
From January 1, 2024, eligible families, who were previously struggling due to low PMT scores or account related issues, will finally receive the support they deserve through BISP. Those experiencing account blocks or unreleased payments are encouraged to update their records and take proactive steps to resolve their situation to benefit from the new payment schedule.
Finally, the upcoming changes to the Benazir Income Support Program mark an important progress toward inclusivity and equitable distribution of support among eligible women. The initiative aims to bridge the gaps, resolve issues and ensure that eligible beneficiaries get the assistance they deserve.
By streamlining the processes and removing anomalies, BISP is set to uplift countless families, providing them vital financial assistance for their well-being.